Monday, August 23, 2010

A Change in Direction

I have been having difficulty finding enough time for even one post a week on this blog. There are a number of reasons for this. Desire and opportunity would be the most significant. Opportunity because I am quite busy. Mainly doing other writing (and reading). A bit of email. Too much FaceBook. Lots of forums and a few community sites I have been getting involved with. And a couple of other blogs, both of which I write to more frequently than this one.



Desire in the sense that my enthusiasm has waned a bit. This is mainly because I may have taken on a bit too much. Especially the interactive aspects. Specifically the online dictionary. Updating it is pretty much impossible from my phone. And a real pain in the ass even when I am on a computer. Actually writing is something I really enjoy. Screwing around with the layout, juggling links, and then double-checking it all and then fixing the bugs, all this I don't find that enjoyable.

The solution then is to simple. Or more specifically, simplicity itself. I am going to simplify things a bit. And just write what I need to write. Worry less about the interactive aspects. That is what my field is for. Honing my writing, expressing myself for the sake of the experience. Learning web skills is only secondary.


-- Sent from my palm Pre

No comments:

Post a Comment