Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Changing Habits

Great! More distractions....
"Habits are safer than rules; you don't have to watch them. And you don't have to keep them either. They keep you." — Frank Crane

It's proving a little more difficult than I expected to get more writing (blogging) into my routine. I have been able to reduce my Twitter time a bit, but that has just turned into more FaceBook and web surfing instead of more writing. At least the Mash Pit continues to grow and improve - imho.



Changing my routine is made even more difficult when the habits I wish to replace are enjoyable and satisfying. About the worst that I can say about the habits I am trying to replace is that "it isn't what I meant to be doing". Which is a good reason to change my behaviour, I guess. But it doesn't really motivate me sufficiently enough to actually break the old habits. Or should I say, convince myself that I don't really want to continue. It's a recurring theme it would seem, lol!

Mindfulness can be immensely useful. What is greater than the effort needed achieve and maintain this as a constant state is the ease with which it can all be lost.

What I am saying is, "it's all good". I am happy with how it's working out. I am having allot of fun with the Mash Pit and to be realistic I see no reason to think I will see a decrease in how much time and energy it consumes. I'm sure I will find myself writing here when I least expect it. In the mean time I'll be watching the Canucks or listening to mashups.


http://ferenczyram.blogspot.com - my personal blog
http://ferenczypre.blogspot.com/ - webOS & Palm
http://ferenczymu.blogspot.com/ - youtube mashups

-- Sent from my palm Pre

No comments:

Post a Comment