Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Can't Force It

"...i may not be able
to change the world i see
around me...but,
i can change the way
i see the world, within me."
- Brock Tully

Some things can't be forced. I look back over this month and last and I can't help but notice a significant reduction in my creative output. While I have been writing quite a bit elsewhere, I am still a little disappointed. I think one of the reasons I have published less here is because I have been trying to "direct" my writing too much. Instead of just "writing" I have been trying too hard to say something specific. I have learned (or should have) long ago that my writing doesn't quite work that way. 

I do have a number of partially completed essays that I hope to finish one day. In the mean time I will try and get back to "just writing" and maybe I can try and equal last months output again. I feel the fires building back up and I'm confident that I will not lack for inspiration if I maintain a little discipline.

I was thinking that one reason I've been less creative is because I've had a bit of the blahs (probably not unrelated to the cold I caught). It occurs to me now that this is all more reason to write! They are intermingled. I feel icky, I don't write. I don't write I feel icky. I feel good, I write. I write, I feel good. So I may as well write regardless of how I am feeling at the time. Sounds like a good plan to me.

http://ferenczyram.blogspot.com - my personal blog
http://ferenczypre.blogspot.com/ - webOS & Palm
http://ferenczymu.blogspot.com/ - youtube mashups

-- Sent from my palm Pre

No comments:

Post a Comment