Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Status Report

"A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked." Bernard Meltzer

Some times, life just happens. So much has happened in the past few weeks. My recovery has really been challenged. I've had a minor slip i guess. Started smoking again, a little. I'm battling though. I guess I need to surrender again (surrender means not having to fight any more).


I've moved, ended a relationship, and started a new job. Change has definitely been the theme in my life for the past while. I am finally settling in, adjusting to a new routine. I still have more adjustments to make, but I am very optimistic about the future. Being single sucks, but I like the new job. Especially since it gives me at least a couple hours a day on a good computer with nothing much to do. I do plan to get back to my normal posting in the very near future. First though, I plan to reacquaint myself with a more active online life. I also plan to continue learning how to more fully take advantage of the power of my smart phone (a Palm Pre - which I very much like).

I will either expand upon the subjects I write about here, or start another blog or two. I'm not sure yet what I am going to do, but I'll figure it out eventually. I will definitely keep writing about something. I currently have a couple essays in rough form, and by next week at the latest I intend to be fully back on track. I have made a few small tweaks in the mean time, linking my youtube and Facebook pages.

"Be inspired with the belief that life is a great and noble calling; not a mean and groveling thing that we are to shuffle through as we can, but an elevated and lofty destiny." — William E. Gladstone

No comments:

Post a Comment