Sunday, November 14, 2010

Facebook Time

Despite growing performance issues, my Pre continues to grow in the significance of the role it plays in my daily life. This is because of the Notes app (which I am using even now to write this) and because of FaceBook. I really love FB. I hear many people complain about how much time they "waste on CrackBook" but I am not a member of that whiners club.

"The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time." - Bertrand Russell



I have a growing circle of great friends that I communicate with on a regular (daily) basis. Sometimes we just clown around, and sometimes we get down and dirty on serious issues. Either way it is always enjoyable. I occasionally feel that it steals time from my writing. But then I remind myself how much writing I am actually doing on FB and the feeling goes away.

I find love, inspiration and allot of information (data, shared experience and tonnes of wisdom) on FaceBook, while making my own (appreciated I am told all the time) contribution.

I've had to learn allot of tricks to get the most out FB on my Pre. But lately something has happened that is really frustrating. I can no longer share links directly to FB. I can only do it if the original page has a "share with FaceBook" button. There are many great sites that don't.

The worst inconvenience is YouTube. There is no share (with FB) button on either the app or the mobile site. The full site is non-functional and useless on webOS. I have a Mashup blog which uses YouTube primarily and I love sharing good mashes directly as well. I discover many on my phone, and it's a pain in the arse having to wait until I'm on a computer before sharing.

That is my rant for the day. Really though it is minor and I still got love for my phone! And for all the contacts I have made on FaceBook!

A policeman stops a lady and asks for her license. He says "Lady, it says here that you should be wearing glasses."
The woman answered "Well, I have contacts."
The policeman replied "I don't care who you know! You're getting a ticket!"

This is continued over at PreFerred.


http://ferenczyram.blogspot.com - my personal blog
http://ferenczypre.blogspot.com/ - webOS & Palm
http://ferenczymu.blogspot.com/ - youtube mashups

-- Sent from my palm Pre

1 comment:

  1. I love Facebook too for the same reasons....I've always wanted to be a writer, but didn't quite know if I had what it takes....Facebook gives me that outlet....I've met so many interesting and lovely people since I got on Facebook....I look forward to talking with you as well...

    ReplyDelete