Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Campus Life


I really love Vancouver. It has so much going for it. Living in the heart fo Gastown doesn't hurt. The women here are gorgeous! Especially downtown. The night life down here is quite vibrant, although that means nothing to me since I grew out of that stuff years ago, I still think it's cool and always appreciate the extra effort the ladies put into themselves before coming down.

Spent a few hours tonite on the campus out at UBC. Didn't take me long to remember why I like school so  much...



What was really cool was that tonites orientation session was in the brand new Irving K. Barber Learning Centre. I worked on that building for a good chunk of time, in a few different roles and for a couple companies. I went through a number of jobs in my addiction. I was a great worker, but I couldn't be relied upon to show up after pay day. This was my first time in the building since well before it was finished. All my work involved the actual concrete. During the "dirty" phase and well before the real appearance work. It looks pretty darned nice!

Here's some pictures of the ceiling beams I helped fix up and the stairs I got to build :)


I stripped and prepped this room
built these stairs, they were a real bitch


http://ferenczyram.blogspot.com

-- Sent from my palm Pre

No comments:

Post a Comment